I Break for Flags!

October 20, 2020 Jhaye-Q Baptiste 0 Comments

 

sun, sea and sand
I'm always going on that we are not only about
sun, sea and sand. But, this once, I'll lead off
with all three, plus the TnT flag. Maracas Beach.

SOME LIVE BY A PATRIOT ACT, I live like a patriot, that's a fact!

Maybe you opted to bounce here from Patriot Act: A Drama of Convenience, or perhaps you'll want to swing by there (touch preceding link) after getting a gander at what I've put together here. Whatever order you take in these posts, you'll get clear insight into my love of flag, which is indubitably an extension expression of my love for my land, Trinidad & Tobago.

It's groovy to know that I always thought the TnT flag one of the best designed and eye-catching around the world. Other folk verbalise dissatisfaction: "Too plain"; "Too red"; "Tooooo ... not enough."

Sure other Caribbean flags are brighter, but there's something about those strong solids.
TnT flags in vending glory, Carnival 2020.

Years and years later, I began to notice that the Hollywood go-to power tie option often looked like alterations on the theme of the TnT flag. When I pointed this to others they protested, "No. It's variations on the American flag."

"Show me the stars," I prompted. Unh-hunh ...

I agree that the ties appearing on characters manifesting a certain "true blue" air were meant to reflect the USA flag. It's like that scene from the movie Adjustment Bureau, when Matt Damon's character, having just lost some election or other, exposes that his style of shoe was chosen for him, while a bevy of consultants had done major research studies to select the "ideal tie." Check it out: Matt, shoe and tie; and one similar design from a bunch online.

However, the basic design of diagonal stripe in the tri-colour combo of red, a dark and a light were turning up on slick, savvy characters from across continents.

The eyes have it!


Our vision naturally identifies symmetry, even within our personal preferences. So whichever flag the tie is meant to pay homage to, there's no escaping the fact that it looks more like the TnT flag than any other; and eyes around the world just love it.

I have spoken before of my fixation with flagspotting©: snapping shots of the Trinidad and Tobago flag whenever I spot it somewhere interesting, unexpected or just plain nice.

I am a patriot all the time, thus, I find the flag beautiful all the time. It fills me with joy to see when others showcase they feel the same way, too.

That's worth sharing, ent. Enjoy!

Shine on



Even when weather changes light and shade, my flag shows up!


Blue skies on sunny days makes all things want to soar.

Any place, any time, any reason or rhyme,
TnT flags just rock. I always anticipate
seeing how local mas' designers
incorporate the flag into creations.

Whatever the size, just as nice.


The images here are not available for use without permission. For free to use photos of sweet TnT, touch the link: Jhaye-Q Trinbago photography