Blinded by the Blight

November 30, 2019 Jhaye-Q Baptiste 0 Comments



Are you hiding to not be seen, or hiding to see? 


SOMETIMES THE WORLD seems to not see you; and you wade through the rivers of life in a state of invalidation. 
     It might be about the colour of your skin. It might be about the texture of your hair. It might just be about the very core of your soul. Whatever, people act like you can simply up and change these things to make folks comfortable enough to acknowledge your existence.
     Listen, there are those in the world who will try to make you evaporate. Trust me, I know. The thing is, they can't make you fade away unless you fade away. 
     Don't get me wrong, there are terrible things that can be done to make a human being die inside and disappear outside (let's not get into the die inside and die outside issue in this post). But as long as you keep seeing you won't go anywhere, no matter what perception depthless people hold on hard to. Understand, they are trying to blight you into going blind to your worth. That's the only way they really "win."


Ignorance and lack


     For the image above, I thought I was taking a photo of a fabulously grungy jeep and interesting vine tracery. But as I set up the shot, the dark face and bright eyes of a dog came into focus. I don't know how many of you saw that at first. 
     I didn't know the dog was there. Did that make him not there? 
     Had I gone to the gate carelessly in my ignorance of his presence, he might have barked and startled me off. Or I might have reached through one of the squares to get a certain angle (as I have been known to do) and might have got bit for my lack of vision.
     People who try, out of cruelty or being deeply misguided, to intentionally wipe other human beings away are ignorant and lack vision. The person they are doing this damage to can be like the dog: definitely still there even if unseen; able to bark, able to bite.  
     The world might not see you all the time. Still, you can work to always, always see the world.
     Take it from someone who has survived metaphoric burning at the stake, and yet lives to tell these tales: YOU HAVE SOMETHING. You have something that is good and true. See it. Use it. Make others see it. And shine.

Shine on

 Photo by Jhaye-Q Trinbago from Pexels

Helping others is a great way to stay valid. Link a suffering sistuh to my endometriosis blog at: ABC Endo: A Trinbago Survivor's Guide